geotechnerd

Sunday, June 25, 2006

Hannover and Nearby

After Berlin my next and last game was in Hannover. However, my Uncle Nigel's friend (Maria) whose brother in law we stayed with in Berlin lives in the country nearby and so I gratefully accepted the offer of lodgings with Maria and her family. Maria is a Magician and very lively and bubbly person and so staying with them for one night was great fun. The nearest railway station is Uelzen which has been decorated by Hundertwasser (the one that designed those toilets in some small town in Northland, New Zealand) which seemed very appropriate when staying with a magician.

They took me briefly to see Lüneberg (a nice old town with cobbled streets and things) which was very nice and I had a rather relaxing time which included plenty of football!
On the day of the game I travelled into Hannover in the evening for the 9pm kickoff, deposited my bag at my lodging and then went off to see the game, Spain - France. My seat was in the corner again but this time 15 rows back, so a much better view. I was hoping Spain would win, but alas 'twas not to be. It was a good game, as a spectecal, and the atmosphere was once again amazing although still not as good as the Korean fans in Frankfurt!

1 Comments:

  • Hey Richard! Looks like your having a fantastic time! Your making me get the travel bug with all those amazing photos! Oh well at present I'm stuck in our beautiful country. Quick update on my life...work is great. Although, I fractured my elbow snowboarding the other day at avondale camp. Don't worry, it's nothing major...I even convinced Moppy to let me go back to camp next week despite my crippledness. And thats about all the interesting stuff thats happened to me. Take care!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at July 23, 2006 1:11 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home