geotechnerd

Friday, June 23, 2006

Dresden

I visited Dresden on my way between Berlin and my next game in Hannover because the guide book encouraged me to "Explore the treasures and gran buildings of this baroque beauty beauty bisected by the majestic Elbe River". So, after quickly looking up the word 'baroque' http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/baroque I was on my way.

Well, Dresden did not disappoint! Up there with Luxembourg this was really one of the most beautiful cities I have visited so far. Around every corner was another truely amazing building and it is easy to see that they are in with a good shoot at the 'International City of Culture' prize. I'll let pictures do the talking again other than to say that the panorama (second photo) was taken from the top of the, newly reconstructed after WWII bombing, church shown in the first photo.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home