geotechnerd

Sunday, June 11, 2006

Frankfurt

Oddly enough, I almost met more people from Afganistan in my first couple of days than Germans. I was staying with my Mum's friend's friend (Michaela) and her family. They were wonderfully kind and friendly and my hearties thanks go out to them. The reason for all the Afgans is that Mechaela is married to Tahir who is an Afgan. So I went out a couple of times with him to a restaurant in Weisbaden that his friend owns and operates. It was great fun and I thoroughly enjoyed myself. The city of Frankfurt itself is very nice. It has (as all cities in Europe do) a very nice Cathedral (Photo 1) and also has many pedestrian only streets lined with shops and cafes. Having been in Germany for a while now I've realised that this is very common, but still very nice to stroll through in the beautiful weather we're having here. The entire place is alive with football fans which creates a great atmosphere.

As they say, a picture speaks a thousand words so here are a few from Frankfurt. Firstly the Cathedral, as mentioned:

One of the lovely town square/pedestrian areas alive with fans!

And last but not least a good photo of the city skyline take from a rooftop cafe. =)

2 Comments:

  • Thanks for adding another page to your blog. What a shame that the Internet was so slow. I hope you have better luck soon.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at June 27, 2006 12:20 pm  

  • Still no pictures of the bear...

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at June 28, 2006 9:48 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home