geotechnerd

Wednesday, June 07, 2006

Photos of Bangkok and Hong Kong

The first three photos are of the Bangkok Imperial Palace. It's amazing! So much shinyness squashed into a small space. These photos hardly do it justice and only show some parts of the entire complex.

The last three are of Hong Kong. The first is the 'Big Buddha' which sits on a mountain top which was enshrouded in cloud that day (very atmospheric). The second is the view, at night, from the hostel I stayed at and the final photo is of the worlds biggest combined road AND rail suspension bridge =)



3 Comments:

  • What a pity the weather is so bad in Hong Kong!! I've been to the the Big Buddha at Po Lin Monastery, but it wasn't like that! It's close to the airport, but if I remember correctly, you have to take a long bus trip to detour around the mountains to get there.

    It looks like the hostel you stayed at was near Castle Peak on Hong Kong Island (I think....I can't even make out the skyline!) Did you go to Causeway Bay or Mongkok?

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at June 10, 2006 3:29 am  

  • P.S. Whenever you get to your final destination and have time to spare, here's a cool toy that allows you to colour in which countries you have been:

    http://www.world66.com

    e.g. here's my map (not very impressive...) http://www.world66.com/community/mymaps/worldmap?visited=CNCLCAJPUSNZARAUPFFJSGMX

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at June 10, 2006 3:39 am  

  • The hostel I stayed at was up the slopes of Mount Davis, which might be where you were refering to? Yes, I visited Causeway Bay amoungst a fair few other areas. I had my sister's friend's sister to help show me around which made life a lot easier!

    By Blogger Ricardo, at June 11, 2006 4:58 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home