geotechnerd

Wednesday, May 31, 2006

Kyoto - Temples, Palaces and Shrines

Today I spent the day with an all day bus pass and a map intent on seeing as many of the wonders of Kyoto as possible. So, without further adu, I give you: Kiyomizu Temple (first and seconf picture), Kyoto Imperial Palace (third and forth picture) and Kinkakuji Temple (sixth picture).


There's heaps of other stuff that I don't have time to write about now and even more that I didn't get to see. I really should of set aside at least two days, preferably three or four to do Kyoto justice. I'll write more when I have time but at least I got the pictures up this time!

Please leave comments so that I know there are people reading this!

5 Comments:

  • Yes, I'm reading your blog, Richard. I have an almost exactly similar picture of Kinkakuji from 1971. Dad.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at May 31, 2006 9:41 pm  

  • Dude... I am soooo jealous. One of these days I will follow in your footsteps, The temples look amazing - so much green. :)

    By Blogger M Ronayne, at May 31, 2006 11:45 pm  

  • Just a random question, who are you getting to take your picture whenever you feature in a photo? Just random Japanese people?

    Nice photos, Ive been to all of those but the Golden Temple. My folks have the exact same picture. Hope you partook in the Buddhist customs, I remember one of them having a fountain you could drink from with infrared steralised cups

    Fez

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at June 03, 2006 8:14 am  

  • .....the Kyoto Palace - was this where the Shogun Tokugawa Ieyasu lived - i.e. the leader of Japan in Civilization II to IV?

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at June 03, 2006 9:51 pm  

  • I don't know about infra red steralised cups, but there was very good mountail water to be had from one of the temples. Yes, I just got random Japanese people to take most of the photos of me but some I took by use of the time delay switch and my tripod.

    By Blogger Ricardo, at June 04, 2006 3:52 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home