geotechnerd

Tuesday, May 30, 2006

Japan - In Pictures!

Greetings All,

I have finally found a place that will let me download my pictures and I can now post a couple on my blog! However, as time continues to run short on when I can use the internet this will be another brief post. Hopefully I will have time to sit down a write something decent when I am staying with friends who will let me use their computers - hint, hint, Rachel and/or Glen =P

Anyway, I spent today in Hiroshima after the amazing speed of the bullet trains. These things would make the trip from Hamilton to Auckland in less than half an hour - wow! But since you're not all enthusiasts of technology I digress....

The major reason I was in Hiroshima was to see the peace park. It's a pretty amazing place. It's very beautiful and all the memorials and the museum make a real impression.

Whilst I can't describe it all just now I can say that I am now in Kyoto and the last thing I did in Hiroshima was visit the reconstruction of Hiroshima Castle.

Internet time almost gone!

Bye

3 Comments:

  • If you get the chance, go to Himeji Castle, just south of Osaka - it's Japan's largest wooden castle, and has stood since the 16th century. It's the real castle deal.

    And yes, I have the Internet on in the apartment - fibre optic even :)

    See you soon!

    Glen

    By Blogger eatsleepcricket, at May 31, 2006 1:03 am  

  • Haha there you go, there's something you can do while I have to work, play on the computer!!

    From Rachel :)

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at May 31, 2006 5:53 am  

  • Ah Hiroshima, I have fond memories of AJ screaming at some Japanese kids that we wernt American whilst on our school trip there back in 5th form.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at May 31, 2006 1:07 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home