geotechnerd

Sunday, September 11, 2005

Fiji 28th August 2005

As with all my trips I did, as always, forget something. This time, however, it turned out to be rather more crucial than my toothbrush. I had driven from Hamilton to Auckland the day before on Saturday 27th and awoke on Sunday morning in Auckland with the sudden realization that my passport was not, in fact, in my possession.

With panic beginning to creep in, I called my flat and discovered, to my great relief, that a friend of my flatmates’, Felix, was just about to depart for Auckland anyway and could bring my passport with him. Crisis averted, Felix, I owe you one!

So with Mike’s girlfriend Michelle kindly driving us to the airport we were once more firing on all cylinders and arrived at the airport in plenty of time. After a brief stop at duty free to buy a wee bit of Glenfiddich 12 year old scotch whiskey we were soon on our way. After a three hour flight, mostly uneventful other than some spectacular views, we arrived at approximately 8.30pm in Fiji!! Wohoo!! Fiji!!



Our first destination was Tokatoka Resort which was located walking distance from Nadi airport, where we landed. We caught the free shuttle (not realising we could of walked) settled in and went straight to the pool! We made full use of the bar which we sat at whilst still in the pool, yes we could swim right up, drinking a fruit cocktail. Whilst the cocktail had no mini umbrella in it, it was still great. So off to bed and the prospect of Beachcomber Island Resort tomorrow!

2 Comments:

  • Phew - close call there with the passport! I have happy memories of that bar in the swimming pool. From what i can recall they did a really good fruit cocktail served up in a hollowed out pineapple. Mmmm memories :)

    By Blogger M Ronayne, at September 11, 2005 11:44 am  

  • Who's a twit, then?

    Write out 100 times and memorise, "I must never leave home to go travelling without my tickets, passport and credit card."

    The credit card can sort out any other items that have been forgotten.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at September 27, 2005 11:55 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home