geotechnerd

Thursday, September 08, 2005

Maketu and The Slice of Happiness

Today's job was a few intestigations in Maketu (in the Bay of Plenty somewhere between Tauranga and Whakatane). I had to dig through a gravel road with a pick axe that was broken. Fabulous weather, nice bit of exercise and, best of all, Maketu Pies!

I had lunch by the ocean (see pic) munching on a chicken pie from the Maketu Pies Factory Shop and it was honestly the best chicken pie I've ever had! I almost went back and brought another one to continue sampling the delights! So, my advice is......

GO TO MAKETU AND EAT ALL THE PIES!!!

However, the best was yet to come......well, maybe not the best, it was a damn good pie, but still very cool. I picked me up a slice of happiness! How does one do such a thing you ask? Well as you probably already know because you're already looking at the picture, you just have to drive through Te Puke!

Te Puke, Kiwifruit Capital of the World, get a slice of happiness

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home