geotechnerd

Friday, July 07, 2006

Salzburg

I awoke in the morning to find that the weather had got worse and now instead of just cloud there was rain as well. By the time I'd finished breakfast the rain had stopped and I decided to wander around Salzburg for a couple of hours before I had to catch my 8 hour train to Berlin.

So, although I was not there long enough to get a decent impression of the place I can say this. Salzburg is very picturesque and famous for it including being the birthplace of Mozart (see photo 2) and being the setting for The Sound of Music. There are about 1 million different tour operators sucking tourist dollar from The Sound of Music so I refused to partake and just wandered around with my pack on. There's heaps and heaps of different old buildings to see and I didn't have time to do the place justice including missing out on the huge castle that dominates the skyline.So whilst it would of been nice to of had time to spend longer there it's just another one of those places that is a tourist mecca. Oh, and there's this upside down helicopter in one of the town squares.......it's probably deeply significant but my German isn't good enough for me to be able to find out why. Please feel free to enlighten me =)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home